Governor Kasich signing SB 165 on March 30, 2012.
Information on Am. Sub. S.B. 165 (Historical Documents)
In compliance with Am. Sub. S.B.165, the Ohio Department of Education (ODE) has revised and posted syllabi and model curriculum for the high school American History and American Government courses. ODE also has posted the revised model curricula for grades four and eight.
This legislation also requires that not later than July 1, 2013, local boards of education are to adopt interim end-of-course examinations for American history and American government. These interim examinations are to be used until the state end-of-course examinations are selected. Ohio’s end-of-course examinations for American history and American government are to be determined by July 1, 2014.
Below are resources on Am. Sub. S.B. 165. More will be added to assist school districts with the interim end-of-course examinations.
- Screencast: Complying with Am. Sub. S.B. 165 End-of-Course Interim Examinations(7:35)
- FAQ on Am. Sub. S.B. 165
- Changes to standards and model curriculum
- Interim End-of-Course Exam Timeline
- Am. Sub. S.B. 165 Interim End-of-Course Exam FAQ
- Am. Sub. S.B. 165 State-Selected End-of-Course Exam FAQ
- Resources for Teaching the Historical Documents
AM. SUB. S.B. 165 WEBINAR
More Information about SB 165
Click this link for the Columbus Dispatch Story.
Click here for a message from the OCA President, Chris Long, about the passage of SB 165.
Ohio Secretary of State Launches Founding Fathers Website (click image to access site)