2012 2013 Meeting Dates:
May 3, 2013
Ohio Historical Society Classroom
800 E. 17th Ave. Columbus, OH 43211
10:00 A.M. – 2:00 P.M.
Please bring a bagged lunch so that we can work through lunch and get home before rush hour.
OCSS Social Studies SupNet Meetings a valuable work sessions for: Curriculum Directors, SS Specialists, Department Chairs/Lead Teachers, Ohio Social Studies Stakeholders.
- Updates from Stakeholders
- Special ODE tentative updates: SS assessment updates at grades 4, 6, US and Government. Latest information for transitioning curriculum to Ohio’s New Learning Standards in Social Studies
- Implementing SB 165 (board adoption/end of course exam): Examples
- Scope and Sequencing the High School Curriculum: Making challenging decisions!
- Next level of Work: Deconstructing Content Statements by creating “statements of understandings” (similar to “I can” and “I will be able to” statements). Work will carry over to 2013-2014. Make it and take it!
This Network is open to everyone. All districts are welcome to come and join the discussions, the sharing and problem –solving that takes place when we meet!
If you have questions about the Ohio Social Studies Supervisor Network, please contact:
Adam Motter: firstname.lastname@example.org